Run, walk, jog, skip. Treadmill or trail. The choices are endless. Since it’s a virtual race, we can keep our distance but stay connected.
Proceeds support Bacon Street’s work to give kids in our community a brighter future, free from drugs and alcohol.
Here’s how it works:
- Register at RunSignUp.com.
- Choose your race: The Individual 5k is $10. (You’re racing on your own, but you’re not alone — there’s a whole community out here cheering for you!) Family entries are $25 and include up to 6 members of your immediate household. (Family entries must complete their 5k together.)
- Choose your course. This is a virtual race, so you decide: Indoors on a treadmill? Laps around your yard? On a nearby trail? (Remember to stay 6 feet apart from others!) As long as you go the distance and complete 3.1 miles, the choice is yours!
- Choose your day. Complete your race any time between April 25 and May 30.
- Show us those race-day photos. We want to see you on your race course, whether it’s indoors or outside. Tag us on Facebook or Instagram with your race-day pictures.
- Send us your time. We’re on the honor system! We trust you to go the full distance and to time your own race. When you register, you’ll receive an e-mail with instructions on submitting your time.
Every race entry will receive a custom “Run for the Bacon” sticker, suitable for your favorite water bottle, mailed to you! (Family entries will receive a sticker for each member of their immediate household, up to 6.)
Get ready, get set, get moving!
- Week 1 (April 25) : Put One Foot in Front of the Other For 10 minutes each day, walk, job, skip, run, gallop.
- Week 2: Play Ball! Literally, any activity that involves, well, a ball! A little one-on-one basketball in your driveway. Ping Pong on your dining room table. Get creative!
- Week 3: A Little Friendly Competition How many sit ups can you do in 60 seconds? How many push-ups? Can you beat your kids, your sister, your best friend?
- Week 4: Dance Party! Turn on the tunes and get dancing! Need something a little more structured? Maybe now is a good time to try that Zumba class…
- Week 5: Playground Games Grab your jump rope! Play a game of hop scotch, or four square, or red light-green light. Ask your kids what they’re favorite games are and give it a try!
- Week 6: The Final Stretch This week is all about stretching and strengthening. Try a yoga, Pilates, or barre class. See how long you can hold a plank. Try to touch your toes.
Click here to learn more!