Save the Date: Big Volunteer Week is July 13-17
Join the Care Team!
We are looking for a few kind hearted people that enjoy spending time with seniors. We would like to pair up volunteers with the residents we have served in the past. As part of being transformational, Serve the City Peninsula wants to care for those we serve in a personal way. Below are some of the ways we would like to extend care. You may have your own ideas that you can share with the Care Team.
- Call monthly to chat and determine if they have any needs
- If they have needs, discuss them with the Care Team leader
- STCP will meet the need or refer them to someone who can meet their need
- Pray for the resident
Please email Frederika Jones if you would like to be part of the team. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead a Family Friendly Project
We are looking for 10 volunteers who enjoy helping families with young children serve together. This would be a once-a-year commitment to plan, coordinate, shop for supplies and lead the project. STCP would reimburse your expenses. We would like to have a Family Friendly Project quarterly, usually on the 2nd Saturday of the month, and each day during our Big Volunteer Week from July 13th – 17th. We have done things like:
- Cards and Cookies for 1st responders
- Fall decorations for residents in an elderly facility
- Put together “Birthday Party” in a box for Newsome Bailey children
- Made craft kits for refugee children
Please email Sue Grimes if you would like to be part this team. Her email address is Sue@STCpeninsula.com